Keep the jar in a cool place. If none is available you can put it in the refrigerator.
- Q1. How do I make my liquid coconut oil into a solid?
- Q2. Do you use heat in the extraction process?
- Q3. Can I make cookies and cakes with coconut oil instead of butter or oil?
- Q4. Is the coconut oil made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra?
- Q5. Does your Coconut Oil use chemicals?
- Q6. Does coconut oil contain sulphites?
- Q7. Where can I buy coconut oil at a good price?
No, our process is cold and at no time during our processing is there external heat applied.
Yes, coconut oil is great as a fat replacer for baking, cooking, etc. Use on a 1:1 ratio – for every 1 teaspoon of butter, use 1 teaspoon of coconut oil; for 1 tablespoon of oil use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, etc.
Yes, we use young coconuts and not dried copra.
No, Lafermedepeter Farms coconut oil is chemical free and 100% pure.
Organic extra virgin coconut oil does not contain sulphites as this is an organic product.
A raw, fresh coconut contains about 6-8 ppm of SO2. Since the process to make oil will undergo drying and expelling, the SO2 should go down to trace amounts.
Our full product range is available from our store here. Alternatively, check out our website under the “SHOP” page for a full list of online stockists.
Fill the form to ask you more questions, our suppoters will respone as soon as possible.